Clean, effective Skincare, 20 years in the making. Shop the Collection.
"I wanted a brand that spoke to people. A natural, clean, simple range that was still truly effective, coupled with our Salons and Boutiques, mean we are not only for caring for someone's skin, but also their soul. To make them look and feel cared for inside and out."
Nicholas Nicola, Founder
20 years in the making, our best-of-nature, best-of-science approach has led to a range that is clean and effective. Each and every one of our products has a treatment benefit for your skin, for your soul, or both. Each is also thoroughly researched and assessed, and has to:
- Be as natural as possible but as effective as possible
- Have a Skincare benefit, Wellbeing benefit, or both
- Have a specific purpose and reason to exist
- Not be patronising: Anti-Ageing as a term is disingenuous, and assumes Ageing is a bad thing. We label products with their benefit, and present them in a way that informs, not dictates.
- Be Cruelty Free
- Contain no artificial fragrance
- Contain no unnecessary chemical ingredients
- Contain no Silicone, Parabens, Petro Chemicals, Mineral Oil, Phthalates or Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Be priced to reflect the cost of production, not to fit a specific market
- Be sustainable and environmentally responsible, by using the minimum packaging possible, and by respecting our responsibility to the environment.
The Allertons Hair & Beauty Salon was opened by Nicholas Nicola in Leeds City Centre in May 2014, but its planning and heritage starts long before that.
The Allertons name comes from locations and situations around Leeds from Nicholas' childhood, from the word Allertons being in the name of his childhood street (and those of his friends), Moor Allerton Hall Primary School, Allerton Grange High School, Chapel Allerton, Moor Allerton, and the Moor Allerton Centre, which is where his mother worked when he was a child.
Nicholas started working in beauty in 2001, trained in Skincare and Makeup, and worked for a number of the world's best known brands. In 2005, he founded a recruitment agency, specialising in supplying trained, experienced staff to beauty companies and stores. Realising his passion lay in the products and services themselves, in 2014 the recruitment agency was sold to open Allertons. Allertons Skincare products were launched in 2019.
We can't tell you how grateful I am that you've come to this website, and are interested in Allertons. It means the world to us, and we hope you enjoy using them as much as we enjoyed making them.