IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a light based therapy that, when used for hair reduction, is absorbed by the melanin in the hair and is converted into heat, damaging the follicle, making it unable to support further hair growth. The number of treatments required for permanent hair reduction will vary but you should expect to see significant results within 6 treatments.
Step 1: Consultation and 50% off your first session
Before your first IPL Hair Removal appointment, you need an IPL Consultation and Patch Test. The £29 cost of this Consultation will be deducted from your first IPL appointment (which will be discounted by 50% also), or if you decide not to go ahead, will be deducted from any other Allertons appointment of your choice. Our Therapist will determine your individual needs and devise a treatment plan to achieve the results that you require.
Step 2: Shave and Cleanse
For hair reduction treatments, hair should be shaved 24-48 hours prior to treatment. This allows a 1-2 mm stubble, ideal for an effective treatment. The treatment area should be cleaned and dried before treatment commences. Dry, shaven and clean skin means that the light can penetrate the skin unobstructed.
Step 3: Your first Allertons IPL Appointment
Once the area is prepped your Allertons Therapist can begin the treatment. A cooling handset is first applied which anaesthetises the area before the light treatment. Your Therapist will then move over the treatment area in a grid method using the Cooling and IPL handsets in tandem. Your first session is discounted by 50%. After your first session you can then purchase a Treatment Plan of 6, but only pay for 5.
Step 4: Aftercare and Follow-Up
A cooling cream or gel such as aloe vera should be applied post treatment to help cool the treated area. It is essential to protect the skin from excessive sun exposure by applying a moisturiser with an SPF. For maximum results, your next appointment should be booked for 3-4 weeks time.
Tap to book an individual session below. After your first session, you can buy a treatment course of 6 sessions for the price of 5.
Legs (Half), £89
Legs (Half) + Bikini Line, £99
Legs (Half) + Brazilian or Hollywood, £109
Legs (Half) + Arms (Half) + Bikini Line, £139
Legs (Full), £119
Legs (Full) + Brazilian or Hollywood, £139
Legs (Full) + Arms (Full) + Brazilian or Hollywood, £199
Feet and Toes, £29
Frequently Asked IPL Questions
- Where can I have IPL with Allertons? Currently, IPL is only available at our Leeds (Queens Arcade) location.
- Is IPL Safe? Allertons uses a Medically CE certified system that has been independently tested and verified by one of the country’s leading experts on IPL.
- Is IPL Painful? The system features a unique cryo-cooling handset which has an anaesthetic effect on the skin surface to provide the most comfortable treatment experience. So, although you may feel some mild discomfort during the treatment this is rare.
- Where can I reduce hair with IPL? Unwanted hair can be removed from most parts of the body including legs, upper lip & chin, bikini line, underarm, back. Allertons IPL has been clinically proven to work on almost all skin types except very dark skin.
- How does having an IPL appointment feel? A slight warm tingling sensation best describes the feeling experienced during an Allertons IPL treatment. IPL is much more comfortable than most conventional methods like waxing, laser and electrolysis.
Book at Allertons Leeds
There are two Allertons Hair and Beauty Salons in Leeds, which offer Hairdressing, Hair Colour, Facials, Massage, Lycon Waxing Hair Removal, Manicures, Pedicures and Brow and Lash Services. You can Book an Appointment with us by: